Quasar Expeditions is proud to present the winner of its auction offering at the Oceana Live Auction in New York City on April 1, 2015 with an 8 day / 7 night cruise through the Galapagos Islands aboard its vintage luxury yacht, M/Y Grace. The Grace looks as young and chic today as the princess who honeymooned aboard her in the 1950s. Born in the Roaring Twenties, she’s surrendered none of her glamour to the scars and wrinkles of a gallant life, including a stint in the Royal Navy during World War II. Aristotle Onassis insured she came through in style when he presented the yacht as a wedding gift to Prince Rainier of Monaco and his new bride, Grace Kelly, who honeymooned aboard her. In more recent times, Quasar spent two years refitting the yacht to embark on a new era in the Enchanted Islands.
Nearly 30 years ago Quasar Expeditions pioneered small group adventure yachting in the Galapagos and is known, not only for its one-of-a kind yachts, but for providing its passengers with amazing animal encounters, top Galapagos guides and excellent service; and most of all…memories to last a lifetime.
The auction winner may take part on any of the yacht’s week long departures in the cabin of their choosing, subject to availability, in 2015 or 2016.
The cruise donation includes:
- Galapagos National Park Guides and all activities throughout the cruise (hiking excursions, snorkeling, kayaking, dinghy rides)
- Use of wetsuits, snorkeling gear (mask, snorkel), and kayaks throughout cruise
- All meals & snacks throughout the cruise
- All non-alcoholic beverages consumed onboard (coffee, tea, soft drinks, water, juices)
- All transportation and transfers while in the Galapagos (excluding additional stays).
- Yacht fuel surcharge
The cruise donation does not include:
- Galapagos Flights for your requested dates (Guayaquil-Galapagos-Guayaquil $487.50 Adults/ $307.50 Children or Quito-Galapagos-Quito $566.50 Adults / Children $360.50)*
- Galapagos National Park Entrance Fee ($100 Adults, U$50 Children)*
- INGALA Transit Control Card ($20 per person)*
- International Air Tickets
- Alcoholic beverages consumed onboard
- Gratuities & tips to crew and staff
- Additional personal expenses, like laundry or boutique purchases
- Mainland Ecuador Arrangements (We’d be delighted to arrange these for you)
*Galapagos flights and air fuel charge, Galapagos National Park fees and INGALA transit control card fees are subject to change without prior notice.